We are very excited to invite Craig back to Omnidogs for his Communicating, Arousal & Problematic Behaviours Workshop on Tuesday 29th October 2019 at our Cullum Farm venue.
Starting at 9am, the workshop will last 6 hours and the day will be split between a theory key note presentation and a practical application for the handlers, with a lot of focus on Q&A so that everyone can take the absolute most value from the sessions and leave with a plan to progress towards their goals.
Handlers and spectators will further develop their knowledge on understanding, overcoming and preventing problematic behaviours that our dogs perform during periods of arousal.
Both handlers and spectators will work through an extremely informative and interactive workbook guided by Craig. This covers a practical acronym based, step by step guide to follow when analysing and working towards overcoming problematic behaviours. We will learn to avoid labelling the dogs in your care by dissecting problematic behaviours in the separate influencing components which will allow you to develop and implement an effective plan to work towards overcoming the behaviours.
Handlers will then begin to put the theory into practice by working with Craig to lay some solid foundations which will allow you to work with your dog towards overcoming the problematic behaviour that the dog in your care is displaying. A practical guide that will then help you to efficiently evaluate and work towards overcoming problematic behaviours to improve the lives of the dogs in your care.
- Learn how to dissect the problematic behaviours that our dogs engage during states of arousal into separate influencing components and develop an effective development plan to work towards overcoming them.
- Recognise the communications behind problematic behaviours
- Overcome dog sport training and working dog training problematic behaviours.
- Learn how to avoid over-arousal and improve learning experiences by altering arrangements and managing influencing factors.
- Implement practical efficient calming techniques to improve the day to day lives of the dogs and owners in your care.
- Understand the importance of positive reinforcers and their role in overcoming problematic behaviours.
- Become skilled in recognising the considerations to make for successful learning to take place.
- Benefit from the ability to recognise the influence that handler behaviours and emotions has on problematic behaviours and how to adjust these factors to change behaviours.
- Use structures patterns to create predictability and consistency to change behaviour.
- Develop the ability implement techniques that will include positive reinforcement, operant conditioning, classical conditioning, counter conditioning, differential reinforcement of incompatible behaviours and desensitisation.
6 hours worth of training and guidance for only:
To book your place, please contact us:
Tel 01354 677840